Friday, February 12, 2010

Entering Blogsville!

Food!

Discovering my Toes

The Lean

Am I Cute, or What?

Thank you Auntie Sarah!

So, here we are- entering blogsville! I love the idea of documenting all of the wonderfully amazing events that occur weekly with Ethan. This format will not only allow us to remember all of these great moments, but now we can share them with our family and friends far and near!

So, let's see... Ethan is 5 months and 3 weeks old. Everyday is a joy with our little man! I love that at almost six months, Ethan's personality is forming more and more every day. He is such a little lover! One of his favorite things to do is snuggle! He loves to laugh- especially when we tickle his neck and belly.

Our newest adventure has been solid foods, and boy does Ethan take after his parents! He LOVES food! Some favorites so far are sweet potatoes, avocados, butternut squash and peaches. We really haven't come across anything that Ethan doesn't like- as I said- he is quickly becoming a "foodie" just like his mom and dad!

We have started attending baby storytime at our local library. Here, we sing songs, listen to stories and play hand games. Ethan loves watching the other babies and moms-a great activity for long winter days!

Some of Ethan's favorite activities these days are laying on his back hanging on to his feet and putting his toes in his mouth. He also loves playing in his doorway jumper. For a while he would just sort of hang there, but now he has mastered the art of jumping and is so proud of himself! Ethan is working on sitting up on his own- he is mostly there, though I still like to stay close just in case he starts to topple over! I've also noticed that Ethan is talking more and more. He babbles on and on- rah, rah, bah, bah! When he is frustrated he really starts talking- he always seems like he is giving me the business and putting me in my place! Ethan is also exploring cause and effect. He loves the "drop my toy and you pick it up" game. He is also learning about mimicry. When he is sitting in his bumbo seat, he leans to the side and loves it when we copy him. He doesn't quite understand why Barley and his stuffed animals won't copy him and looks a bit disheartened when they won't participate in his game!

I have so many favorite moments on a daily basis with Ethan, but waking up with Ethan laying next to us in the morning remains in the top ten. He is in such a sweet mood and will just lay there, kicking his legs, grabbing my face and babbling. Such an incredibly happy way to start each day.

Please feel free to comment on our blog! I will try to keep up with it on a weekly basis! Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Look at you, blogging away! Happy to hear of Ethan updates, though, at this rate, I'll probably be in person for most of his big strides. :)

Andrea said...

LOVE the blog. I'm so excited to be reading and keeping up with Ethan every week. It's amazing that he's doing some things that I am assuming Sam will start doing in the next week or so? I am so looking forward to all of it!